This is the home page for the Planning and Prosecution (P&P) subsystem and Integrated Product Team. It consolidates all the development effort for this subsystem. This page will serve as the home page for all releases of this subsystem.
The Planning and Prosecution Subsystem Services provide the services together with the standard models for the management of stateful and taskable resources. It provides controller processes with the semantics to monitor and control the operating state of an active resource as well as to initiate, monitor and amend tasks being carried out by a taskable resource. The managed resource is required to present its operational state and declare its governance context. Central applications of the Planning and Prosecution services network are to provide observatory and observation mission (campaign) planning and prosecution. Such activities include to carry out simultaneous coordinated multi-objective observations across the resources of the observatory. Further activities include event-response behaviors and the interface with autonomous vehicle resources.
The Introduction to the PP Subsystem provides an overview of this subsystem.
As additional background, we have produced a CI Technical Elements Overview for General Audiences and document.
(see also R3 PP Construction Plan)
- Establish the subsystem team
- Define core visions, constraints and designs precisely in the architecture specification
- Determine viable and flexible strategy for integrating existing planning and prosecution tools
- Design a flexible, scalable and extensible framework for real-time mission planning and prosecution
- Prepare for a more extensive integration architecture in Release 4
- Utilize external tools for creating and connecting mission plans
- Execute mission plans in connected and disconnected platforms
- Integrate PP services with underlying SA services (device command and control) and underlying DM services (data modeling) based on a defined system service interface
We produced an CI Technical Elements Overview for General Audiences, which may be useful to appreciate the overall context of this system.
The System Engineering section of this wiki contains the P&P subsystem architectural materials.
The evolving list of tasks is on this Google spreadsheet.
- Prototype MOOS asset operation in simulated environment: Demonstrate operation of one autonomous MOOS-controlled asset in simulation environment.
- Prototype MOOS simulation in ION virtual machine: Set up a simulation environment for one full vehicle MOOS community within a suitable ION virtual machine.
- Prototype ocean coverage model with simulation environment: Get recording from ROMS integrated into simulator, using a dynamic data set modeled/recorded over a time period.