Collaborate with Org member offering a resource
|Actors||2 User Roles of any type (referred to here as 'Member')|
|References||Federated Facility Services|
|Dependencies||Enroll in an Org, Conduct Negotiation|
|Notes||In the simplest case, the Org is the Integrated Observatory Network.|
|Last Updated||Jun 30, 2010|
- An Org's enrollment contract specifies that a Member contributing a resource commits to responding to negotiations from other Members regarding that resource.
- A resource owning Member of that Org, who wishes to offer a resource for the benefit of the rest of the Org, may contribute, or make available, the resource to the Org.
- This process does not mean giving up control of the resource. (Such is possible, but then the ownership of the resource passes to another entity.)
- The Org registers and maintains a listing of all contributed resources.
- A Member consults the Org, and finds a contributed resource of interest.
- The requesting and owning Members successfully negotiate use of the resource.