Use Matlab or compatible software in workflow to create visualization product.
|Actors||Data Process Programmer Data Process Operator|
|Uses||UC.R2.17 Define Visualization Processing Pipeline
UC.R2.51 Define Execution Engine
|Is Used By|
|Extends||UC.R2.18 Visualize Data Product|
|Is Extended By|
|In Acceptance Scenarios||AS.R2.04A Data Product Leads Drive Core Data Product Creation|
|Primary Service||Data Analysis & Visualization Services Part 1|
|UC Status||Mapped + Ready|
This information summarizes the Use Case functionality.
As a specialized visualization workflow and data processing pipeline, pass the data to be visualized to a Matlab or equivalent execution engine. The execution engine uses Matlab commands to create the resulting visualization, and registers the resulting product as an Integrated Observatory resource (storing it in the system). The visualization's existence can be verified by retrieving it, using an appropriate viewer to open it and display it to users.
- A Matlab or compatible execution engine is up and running, ready to create the visualization. (Implies licensing issues have been addressed so as to permit the Matlab engine to be run in this way, or that a substitute has been found.)
- A Matlab-compatible visualization processing pipeline definition exists as described in UC.R2.17 Define Visualization Processing Pipeline.
Data to be visualized are available, and script controlling the visualization is executing.
- Data Process Programmer creates Matlab-compatible Execution Engine.
- See UC.R2.51 Define Execution Engine
- This requires solving the licensing issue or finding a compatible piece of software
- Data Process Programmer creates Matlab-compatible Visualization Processing Pipeline.
- Data Process Operator defines data product visualization to be performed, using Matlab-compatible commands.
- (Variant 1) Data Process Operator chooses one time data product visualization, and the system provides the generated visualization (Use Case ends).
- (Variant 2) Data Analyst schedules a recurring data product visualization, configuring parameters and metadata appropriately.
- Integrated Observatory routinely executes the Matlab visualization process.
The desired visualization product is generated one time, or as scheduled, using Matlab-compatible engine.
These comments provide additional context (usually quite technical) for editors of the use case.