|Actors||OOI User (Anonymous Guest)|
|Is Used By|
|Is Extended By|
|In Acceptance Scenarios||None|
|Technical Notes||Not all NEPTUNE Canada data will be represented in OOI, and in Release 2 only a select subset will be ingested.|
|Primary Service||Neptune Canada Integration Package 1|
This information summarizes the Use Case functionality.
This use case has been postponed to R3.
Obtain data from NEPTUNE Canada. Convert data to Integrated Observatory internal data model. Publish data through normal Integrated Observatory channels. View all NEPTUNE Canada-derived data on a single page, ideally recognizable as a NEPTUNE Canada data page.
- Data from NEPTUNE Canada is published in a way that is readily accessible on-line (or can be made so).
- Trigger for receiving or acquiring data has been established.
Integrated Observatory has been configured to receive data from NEPTUNE Canada.
- Following a previously established set of time/event triggers, the Integrated Observatory receives data from NEPTUNE Canada system.
- Multiple channels of data are received.
- For each received data stream, data is converted to the Integrated Observatory's internal data model (with appropriate metadata) and published through normal Integrated Observatory data distribution processes.
- An OOI user visits a dedicated page listing available NEPTUNE Canada data.
- NEPTUNE Canada logo should be present in this view for both identification and branding purposes.
- NEPTUNE Canada data is also visible in other contexts, and is identified there by the metadata for each data set.
- List should include metadata like last update, next update, size of OOI data product, status of update, and key information about the data content.
- OOI User sees whether all NEPTUNE Canada data inputs of interest have been received on schedule by looking at a simple graphic representation of the data products' status.
- OOI User selects a particular data product and requests recent historical data, as a downloadable data file.
- Long-term historical data must be re-obtained from NEPTUNE Canada system.
- Requested NEPTUNE Canada data is received by OOI User.
- Provided formats for Release 2 are to be determined.
Science user has received NEPTUNE Canada data.
These comments provide additional context (usually quite technical) for editors of the use case.
Use case needs review and concurrence of NEPTUNE Canada representative.