This risk deals with cost overruns with purchasing the necessary hardware, software, network and storage equipment needed for each of the CyberPoPs.
- Initial estimates were 2.5 years old
- Preliminary identification of sensor equipment provides better estimates of the volume of data that we will need to support
- Older communication technologies are being replaced with newer equipment
- Larger and faster hypervisors/servers will be deployed
- Portions of the network and computational processing equipment will be leased to address MREFC capital costs