|This is the central page for the OOI CI Release 1 LCO Review. The LCO (Life Cycle Objectives Review) is the first milestone in the spiral development process (see CI System Engineering Methodology and CI System Life Cycle Plan), ending the Inception spiral phase.|
This is the central page for the OOI CI Release 1 LCO Review. LCO (Life Cycle Objectives) is the first milestone in the spiral development process (see CI System Engineering Methodology and CI System Life Cycle Plan). This review ends the Inception spiral phase for this release.
The LCO review brings together a board of representative reviewers to assess the adequate achievement of the LCO milestone, a prerequisite to moving the project into Elaboration spiral phase. The scope of this review is the LCO for the first of five releases of the OOI CI.
This page and all materials will remain as a reference throughout the program.
Through collaborative constructive review and critique of architectural plans and development efforts, determine whether activities associated with the Inception phase are adequately complete and that the subsystems under review are sufficiently advanced to progress to the Elaboration phase.
In particular, determine that:
- The critical risks have been identified and mitigated through exploratory prototypes
- At least one candidate architecture has been identified that assuages the critical risks
- The candidate architectures are feasible (as demonstrated through analysis and prototyping)
- The selected key technologies satisfy the architectural needs
- The elaboration phase plan is credible and sufficiently articulated
The materials of the review including all presentations will be made available from this section.
- Formal Charge
- Index to Presentations (including links to slide presentations)
- Enterprise Architect diagrams: Drawings as Exported Reference (PDF of diagrams NEW, Zip archive of HTML export 7MB, Online clickable version)
- Review Materials (Baseline Artifact Set)
During the meeting, collaborative notes were taken on several Etherpad sessions. These pages capture the material in the Etherpads.
- Lessons To Be Learned
- Notes from Note-Taking Etherpad
- Review Board Collaboration Page (viewing and editing restricted to board members only)
- Development Team Collaboration Page
Subsequent to the review, the review panel compiles a review report addressing findings, open issues and a recommendation about proceeding into the elaboration phase of CI development. This publicly relevant parts of the report, and any OOI CI team responses, are available here.
- LCO 1 Review Panel Presentation (Powerpoint; presentation by review panel at end of review)
- LCO 1 Review Panel Report (Word; includes notes of in-meeting Q&A, and CI response)
February 23 - 25, 2010
UCSD Faculty Club
UCSD La Jolla Campus
San Diego CA
32°52'45.41"N 117°14'22.53"W (Faculty Club site)
|| Review Board Sessions
|| Other Sessions
| Tue Feb 23
|| 09:00 - 16:30
|| 08:30 - 09:00, 16:30 - ?
| Wed Feb 24
|| 08:00 - 17:00
||17:00 - ?|| Evening Reception
| Thu Feb 25
|| 08:00 - 12:00
16:15 - 17:00
| 12:00 -16:00
|| Team meetings after lunch
If you have any questions or concerns about the meeting, please contact Paul Dean (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rita Bauer (email@example.com) at UCSD.
Assistant Program Coordinator
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
9500 Gilman Drive.
La Jolla, CA 92093-0436
Telephone: 858-822-0878 / Fax: 858-822-4633
Special Projects Coordinator
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-0225
Telephone: 858-822-2946 / Fax: 858-822-3372