Contextual materials for the current UX design. Provides an inventory of user research activities, links to reports and planning documents, and links to OOI resource along with management redirections that have influenced UX design to date.
The UX Research Context is organized into the following sections:
- Field Studies (Contextual interviews)
- 36 Hours on the Research Vessel Horizon, June 2011
- Field Interviews
- OOI Science Workshop, Tempe Arizona April 2010
- International Marine Conservation Congress, Victoria BC May 2011
- Field Visits (Contextual interviews)
- Rutgers University, 2010
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography, 2010-2012
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, September 2011
- University of Washington, June 2011
- University of Oregon, June 2011
- University of Victoria, May 2011
- Neptune Canada, May 2011
- Informal Interviews
- User Engagement Platform Data
A set of research reports, plans, and other documents produced by the UX team.
Project circumstances forced a change of focus from user-centric to system centric design in early fall of 2011. Consequently, only a demographic diversity report was produced from the summer 2011 user research efforts. The extensive field data collected remain unanalyzed, although they continue to be referenced for anecdotal evidence within the team. Note that the study was conducted under IRB control by the UCSD Human Research Protections Program and data collected are subject to strict privacy controls.
User-oriented materials from other CI sources.